Power Index short introduction
PowerIndex is a pool based on Balancer AMM with three significant modifications:
- the ability to dynamically change the weights of tokens by
Controllersmart contract ;
- the ability to call other contracts by
- protocol commission for entering / exiting the pool and swaps.
In the documentation, we will use the terms pool and index simultaneously, considering them equivalent.
But unlike Balancer, Power Index uses pooled tokens for staking into underlying protocols, collecting protocol rewards (if possible), and voting.
In the future, it will be possible to use pooled tokens also for various vault strategies that maximize the pool's profitability.
Pools parameters are managed by PowerPool Governance.
There are currently four PowerIndex pools:
- 1.PIPT - PowerIndex Pool Token. It was proposed by Delphi Digital and contains UNI, AAVE, SNX, COMP, YFI, WNXM, CVP, and MKR in equal proportions.
- 2.YETI - Yearn Ecosystem Token Index. It was proposed by Ryan Watkins from Messari and contains YFI, SUSHI, KP3R, AKRO, PICKLE, CREAM, and CVP.
- 3.ASSY - Aave, SushiSwap, Synthetix, Yearn Index. This index was proposed by Marc Zeller from Aave and is defined as a "concentrated bet on DeFi".
- 4.YLA - Yearn v2 Vault LP Index. A diversified cashflow-generating portfolio of Yearn v2 Vaults LP tokens with dynamically adjusted weights according to the TVL
The most recent version of the contracts is here: